Small propane tanks are great ways to bring fun to an outdoor party. Propane is a portable fuel source that you can bring along with you on your camping trips, and it is also particularly helpful if you wish to power up water heaters. Small propane tank sizes vary a great deal, so it might be a bit difficult for you to pick out the perfect size for your camping trip. This article will offer the necessary information to help you choose.
Advantages of using small propane tanks
Small propane tanks offer a wide array of benefits compared to bigger tanks. If you are using a small propane tank, here are some of the most obvious advantages you will gain:
- Portable: Small propane tanks are highly portable, and for most cases, only one person is needed to carry these tanks around. This means that you can easily bring your propane tanks with you on camping trip and set up an outdoor party.
- Easy to store: As small propane tanks do not take up a lot of space, you can store them safely at a corner of the garage without the need for a large storage area. Do keep in mind that they have to be stored away from all sources of flame due to their flammable nature.
That said, if you wish to use propane on a long-term basis, small propane tanks might not be cut out for this purpose. They cannot be refilled, and they need to be replaced regularly, which increases your costs in the long run. For this reason, if you wish to use propane as a long-term fuel, it might be a better option to go for large propane tanks instead.
Small propane tank sizes
Small propane tank sizes should be a top concern for you, as it affects a lot of different factors such as storage space and your overall costs for propane use. There are many different sizes for small propane tanks, ensuring that you will always have the right size for your home. Below are some commonly seen small propane tank sizes:
- 1-pound tanks: The baby of the bunch. These tanks can carry the least amount of propane, only a quarter of a gallon. However, they are highly portable, and the fact that they are super lightweight means that you should have no problem bringing some tanks with you on your camping trips.
- 5-pound tanks: 5-pound tanks are among the most common small propane tanks. They can carry a gallon of fuel, and they can be used to power up portable grills as well as outdoor mosquito nets.
- 100-pound tanks: These are some of the heaviest small propane tanks around. These tanks can carry as much as 23 gallons of propane, and they require at least two people to carry them. That is why they are not that popular with campers.
Small propane tank sizes differ a great deal so it is important for you to contact our experts before buying them. Our experts will offer advice to help you pick out the perfect size for your needs!